Tuesday, December 7, 2010

College life - The Autobiography

"My name was unknown and I was born somewhere in Northern Mindanao way back May 1986. Never ask much about my name because I know a little about it. My mom just doesn’t know what happened on how they come up with that. I grew up in a home surrounded by aunties those were sisters of my mom such that I was the one often being asked to buy something… “Girl thing”, you know. I have an older sister and a brother; I’m the middle child, a reason why I’m  always being asked to do things."


My early childhood has nothing more than an ordinary kid. I play a lot, skipped sleeping hours, play arcade video games at the neighborhood, finds trouble, and a fair bully sometimes. Mom always scolded me for doing thus things. Eventually, I need to climb over the fence just to hung up with my friends. When I’m at home, my favorite pastime was dismantling and fixing toys, such that my mom and aunt have to pinch me. During summer, I used to make and flew kites at a nearby beach.

At school, teachers often complained about my moods and attitudes to girls. It’s like I really hate them a lot and sometimes result in a quarrel(boxing!). Even though I’m quite a bastard, I do excel also. I earned good grades and eventually at the 1st or 2nd place ahead of the others. I have a passion for arts ever since when I was at the nursery school such that my aunt complained much upon seeing my notebooks full of caricatures.

My passion in sports was prevalent during my late elementary years. It is during this time  that I had started to play sepak takraw and badminton up to the present. Furthermore, it is during this time that I earned several of my first local and regional awards for different activities. When I stepped up high school, things have changed. Personality transition happened; not much involved in vigorous activities at my first couple of years, but much focused on academics.

My last two years were spent at another school where I learned much more on music, culture and arts. I also have joined several academic contest, editorial cartooning (journalism), paintings, and, etc., most of thus mention earned my merits and recognitions. The rest of my senior years was spent as an instrumentalist on a local ethnic dance company. My high school years really didn’t prepare me for college. As a consequence, I battled between myself and my family, whether to pursue things I like but never have the guts on it or have their decisions initiated.

This thing really bothers me, but it all ends up in taking my decision. I’m not good in math but the only way to relieve myself from numbers was to conquer it. So I struggle hard enough to pass my math subjects to be able to get my majors. Really, college life was exhausting and tempting; a lot of people would try to bargain you for a cup of alcohol, women, drugs and, etc. these things could mislead you to things you oath to dream with.

The last time I’ve been in a bar cafe’, was when I’m having this stupid heartache. They urge me to drink, I almost deny, just to pay a respect for a good treat. Anyway, drinking doesn’t alter the problem, after all it is by your friends who show their sympathy and offer some piece of advice and encouragements to help you cover up the pain.

College life offers a lot of windows to pursue forgotten things, things I missed and never experienced ever since, adventures to certain places through research studies and field trips, love life and heartaches. This affair I’m hooked up was a part of my story, but that doesn’t have to end that way. Presently, I’m aspiring for graduation and soon to become an engineer…If God permits. I learned that failures are a gateway to success, never surrender if you fail because if you did… you’re now quite no different from a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment